Baked Carrot Cake Oats
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup protein powder of choice (plain or vanilla flavour)
- 8 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tbs mesquite power* optional
- 2 tbs lucuma powder* optional
- 5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 5 tsp ginger
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 5 cups almond milk (or other milk alternative)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl then add the wet ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a lined baking tray (lasagne dish sized) and press the mixture down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven until cooked & set – roughly 20-25 mins. It should start to brown on top a little.
- Allow to cool then slice into 6 serves.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge for a few days or you can freeze it.
- This recipe is best eaten hot (or warmed in the microwave) and topped with a large spoon of coconut or Greek yoghurt!
Recipe by: Leanne Ward