- In conjunction with the University of Wollongong: The impact of basic military training in Army recruits on measures on occupationally relevant physical fitness.
- In conjunction with Defence Science and Technology Organisation: Physical employment standards.
- In conjunction with Steve Boutcher PhD, Director of the Fat Loss Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, UNSW: Interval Sprinting Exercise
Sports 2019, 7(1), 22;
Intermittent Dieting: Theoretical Considerations for the Athlete.
Jackson James Peos, Layne Eiseman Norton, Eric Russell Helms , Andrew Jacob Galpin and Paul Fournier
J Strength Cond Res. 2017 May 25.
Effects of Combined Strength and Sprint Training on Lean Mass, Strength, Power and Sprint Performance in Masters Road Cyclists.
Del Vecchio L, Stanton R, Reaburn P, Macgregor C, Meerkin JD, Villegas J, Korhonen MT.
Eur J Clin Nutr. 2014 Apr 23.
Development of a single-frequency bioimpedance prediction equation for fat-free mass in an adult Indigenous Australian population.
Hughes JT, Maple-Brown LJ, Piers LS, Meerkin JD, O’Dea K, Ward LC.
HIV Med. 2014 Jul;15(6):373-80.
Switch from tenofovir to raltegravir increases low bone mineral density and decreases markers of bone turnover over 48 weeks.
Bloch M, Tong WW, Hoy J, Baker D, Lee FJ, Richardson R, Carr A; TROP (Switch from Tenofovir to Raltegravir for Low Bone Density) study team.
Mackenzie N, Norris R, Pocock N, Sinn KL, Agrawal S, Gowers A, Meerkin JD, Quan D, McMurchie M, Vale R, Downs C, Costa J.
Bone. 2012 Jul;51(1):123-30.
Increased bone mineral density in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians: impact of body composition differences.
Maple-Brown LJ, Hughes J, Piers LS, Ward LC, Meerkin JD, Eisman JA, Center JR, Pocock NA,Jerums G, O’Dea K.
Global Research Trials
The MeasureUp DEXA has been selected to undertake research work in a number of HIV research trials. In order to participate, the MeasureUp lab has had to undertake rigorous validation of the DEXA using what’s known as the “universal phantom”. The phantom is used to validate our measurements versus a known value for both bone density and body composition. We undertake this validation work every 6 months. This way you can be assured that you are being scanned by a DEXA that is continually tested for accurate and reproducible results.
- A phase 3, randomised, double-blind study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of elvitegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate/GS-9350 versus ritonavir-boosted atazanavir plus emtricitabine/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate in HIV-1 infected, antiretroviral treatment naive adults.
- A phase 3, randomised, double-blind study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of elvitegravir/cobicistat/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide versus elvitegravir/cobicistat/emtricitabine/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate in HIV-1 positive, antiretroviral treatment naive adults.
- A phase 3, open-label safety study of elvitegravir/cobicistat/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide single-tablet regimen in HIV-1 positive patients with mild to moderate renal impairment.
- A phase 3, open-label study to evaluate switching from a TDF-containing combination regimen to a TAF-containing combination single tablet regimen (STR) in virologically-suppressed, HIV-1 positive subjects.
- A phase IIb, randomised, controlled, partially blinded clinical trial to investigate safety, efficacy and dose-response of BMS-986001 in treatment-naive HIV-1 infected subjects, followed by an open-label period on the recommended dose.