Recipe of the month: PROTEIN PANCAKES!
Serves: 8-10 pancakes
- 5 cups traditional rolled oats (no oats? swap for wholemeal flour)
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 1 banana
- ½ cup high protein yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional: ½ cup dark mini chocolate chips
- Put rolled oats into a blender and blend until powdery.
- Add in of the other remaining ingredients (except for choc chips) and blend until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add about ¼ cup of mixture onto pan and sprinkle with some choc chips. Cook pancake until bubbles appear of top surface (approximately 2 minutes) and then flip to the second side. Cook for approximately 1 more minute.
- Place cooked pancake on a warm plate and repeat with remaining mixture.
Best served when fresh! However, for cooked pancakes –
Fridge: can keep in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Freezer: can keep in an air tight container for up to 1 month.