Recipe of the Month: Healthier Chocolate Cherry Christmas Cheesecake
Indulge in Christmas dessert guilt-free this year with this beautifully light choc cherry cheesecake recipe! Utilising low fat dairy products dramatically reduces the majority of the saturated fat and use of the natural sweetener Natvia assists in bringing those calories down further without compromising the sweet taste of the cake. Enjoy on Christmas day or bring to any social occasion this silly season!
- 700g reduced-fat ricotta
- 400g light cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 4 free-range eggs
- ½ cup Natvia
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plain wholemeal flour
- 60g 70% dark chocolate, grated (e.g. 6 squares 70% dark lindt chocolate)
- 20 fresh cherries
- Fresh mint leaves, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grease a 23cm round springform tin and dust base and sides with wholemeal flour
- Place ricotta and cream cheese in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and zest, eggs, Natvia and vanilla, and blitz to combine
- Add flour and pulse until just combined, scraping down sides as needed
- Tip mixture into prepared pan and smooth the top
- Bake for 45 minutes, then turn heat off and leave cheesecake in oven with the door closed for 1 hour.
- Remove cake from oven, release side of pan and set on a rack to cool completely
- Top with chocolate, cherries and mint to serve.
Nutrition Per Serve
Calories: 200kcal | Protein: 11g | Total Carbohydrate: 10g | Fibre: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Total fat: 12g | Saturated fat: 7g | Sodium: 225mg
JORDAN KAIN (APD, MND, Exspsc)
Dietitian and Exercise Scientist