Let the oven do all the work with these flavoursome Spanish sweet potato pockets filled with spicy chorizo, capsicum and sour cream.
PREP TIME: 10MINS
COOK TIME: 1HR 15MINS
- 4 x 350g sweet potatoes (skin-on)
- 1 red capsicum, halved lengthways, seeds removed
- 2 dried chorizo, split lengthways
- 4 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup (160g) sour cream
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (pimenton)
1.Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2.Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork, then place on a large baking paper-lined baking tray. Roast for 50 minutes, then remove from oven and add the capsicum, skin-side up, chorizo and garlic to the tray. Roast for a further 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are cooked through and chorizo is crisp.
3.Remove and discard capsicum skin, then slice into thin strips. Thinly slice the chorizo. Set aside.
4.Squeeze garlic from their skins and mash with the sour cream and lemon juice.
5.Slice sweet potatoes lengthways, leaving them attached to form a ’pocket’. Spoon in the garlic sour cream, then top with capsicum, chorizo, onion, parsley and paprika. Drizzle over any remaining chorizo oil from the tray to serve.