Recipe of the Month: Healthier Spag Bol
Who doesn’t love a good old ‘Spag Bol’!? We have made a few tweaks to this Italian classic to boost the protein, fibre and micronutrients so that you can make this dish part of your weekly routine. Hello, pasta night! This dish would also make a great option if you’re looking to maximising glycogen storage before an intense training session or sporting event the next day.
- Spray extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 500g Extra Lean Beef Mince
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 10 medium button mushrooms, finely diced
- 375g Zucchini, grated (~2 medium)
- 125g red Capsicum (1 whole), chopped
- 500g jar Leggos Roasted Vegetable Pasta Sauce
- 500g Red Lentil Spirals (2 boxes)
- Grated low fat cheese or parmesan, to serve (optional)
- Spray the oil in a large, deep saucepan. Sautee onion until translucent.
- Add the mince to the pan and break up with a spatula until ground and browned.
- Add the vegetables and the pasta sauce. Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat, replace the lid and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- When the mince has 10 minutes to go, cook the pasta
- Serve the pasta with the mince & enjoy!
|Servings 6||Per serve|