500g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into4 small cooked beetroots, quartered (check out Woolworths vegetable section for cooked and vacuum-sealed beets!
1x 400g tin lentils, drained
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 teaspoons thyme leaves
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 red onion, thinly sliced
4 cups baby rocket (or other green leaves)
80g feta cheese, crumbled
4 Tbsp Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp wholegrain seeded mustard
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place pumpkin on a baking dish. Toss with oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender and browned.
- Prepare lentils as per packet directions. Drain.
- For dressing, whisk the balsamic vinegar, oil and wholegrain mustard in a small bowl.
- Place lentils and beets in a bowl. Add onion, rocket and warm roasted pumpkin in a bowl. Garnish with feta and almonds.
- Pour dressing over salad and serve.
If planning on serving the salad another day:
Keep the pumpkin separate and heat it up in the microwave before serving.
Keep the dressing and nuts separate and add when serving
Recipe credit: @gutful_nutrition