A note from Jordan: My OOIAJ recipe is the perfect go-to option if you feel like your mornings are too hectic to make breakfast. Quickly making these oats the night before ensures you have a fibre-fuelled, high protein option for your morning which will keep you full for hours! The best part? You can personalise it to suit your favourite flavours by changing up the protein flavours and type of fruit. Enjoy!
• 1/3 cup (30g) rolled oats
• 2 tsp chia seeds
• 1 small banana (80g), diced
• 20g protein powder (e.g. WPI) – any flavour
• 1 cup (25g) baby spinach leaves
• 175ml low fat soy milk (or cows milk)
• ½ tsp ground cinnamon
1. In a peanut-butter sized jar, combine oats and chia seeds. Set aside.
2. Blend protein, spinach, milk and cinnamon in a blender and pour over the oats.
3. Place the lid on the jar and shake well until well combined.
4. Add chopped banana to the jar, put the lid back on and gently shake to combine.
5. Place in fridge overnight and enjoy in the morning either cold or warmed up in the microwave (note; if heating, you may need to add a dash of water or extra milk if the mix dries up too much).
Nutrition Information (1 serve)
Total fat: 9g
Saturated fat: 1g
Dietary fibre: 12g (over a third of your total daily fibre goal!)
Recipe: Jordan Kain